Finding Support for Gay Teens
By Ellen Friedrichs, About.com Guide
- Where to Find Support for Gay Teens
- Getting Support From Other Teens
- Support at School
- Additional Organizations You Should Know About
Where to Find Support for Gay Teens
Sometimes GLBT teens feel really alone and have no idea where to turn for support. Identifying where you can find support is really important!
- Finding Support for Gay Teens
- Finding Trustworthy Websites for Gay Teens
- Support From Parents
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- Suicide Hotline: The Trevor Project
Getting Support From Other Teens
For many GLBT and questioning teens, it is important to find other teens for support and friendship. Sometimes this can seem tricky. But it is not impossible!
Support at School
Despite the fact that far too many GLBT teens face harassment at school, more and more are finding supportive school environments. Or they are creating their own!
Additional Organizations You Should Know About
In addition to organizations that specifically deal with GLBT issues, there are a lot of groups that gay teens can turn to for help, even if they are geared to the larger population.