There are numerous organizations that offer great support to gay teens.
Here are a few:
- The American Civil Liberties Union provides legal help to gay teens who are being discriminated against.
- The Anti-Violence Project is a New York City organization that serves GLBT victims of violence.
- The Gay and Lesbian National Youth Talk Line is a hotline where you can talk to a volunteer about issues in your life. Call toll-free 1-800-246-PRIDE.
- GLSEN works to promote equality and end discrimination in schools.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality works to end discrimination and violence against transgender people.
- PFLAG or Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays offers support for families and individuals.
- The Trevor Project is an organization for GLBT and questioning teenagers whose goal is to aid in suicide prevention.
- Youth resource is the GLBTQ website of the organization Advocates for Youth.
Sometimes it might seem like you are all alone in the world, but with a little digging, almost all GLBT teens can find someone to give them the support that everyone needs!