1. People & Relationships

Ellen Friedrichs

"Am I Going to Hell for Being Gay?"

By January 31, 2009

A thirteen year old asks:

"'I'm 13 and I'm gay. I'm also very worried that no matter how good of a person I am, I'm going to burn in hell for all eternity because I am gay. Is this true?

Here's an answer from another teen:

Dont worry, I think about the exact same thing every single day of my life. But no, you will not go to hell for being gay! As long as you are a good, honest person then you have nothing to worry about. Even tho I'm always worrying about going to hell for being gay, I know that I'm a friendly and honest, good person.

Here's my answer:

Regardless of what you might have heard there is nothing wrong with being gay! You don't mention whether you belong to a particular religious group, but you should know that often times people will tell you that the Bible clearly opposes homosexuality and this is made clear in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. This story is found in the book of Genesis and tells of the inhabitants of the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah who were destroyed for their sinful ways.

One passage, Genesis 19:5 says, "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him: Where are the men which came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may know them."

People usually interpret the the word "know" as meaning "to have sex with." Some people claim that the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were punished because the men of the town "knew" other men.

However, others believe that it was not gay sex that got the town in trouble, but rape. This interpretation is strengthen by the fact that nowhere in Genesis is "homosexuality" mentioned. Interpreting this one passage as being a discussion of homosexuality is often seen as a limited view.

Really, the idea that the Bible is opposed to being gay is just based on individual interpretations. It isn't fact! It is also possible to be religious and gay. The guide to gay life put together a great list of gay-friendly religious groups. You might also want to check out the article on religion and sexual orientation on this site.

Though religious leaders may use the threat of "hell" to deter people from doing things they disapprove of, many people don't believe in hell, even if they are members of a religion that does.

Comments
April 5, 2009 at 1:37 pm
(1) Here to help says:

I really don’t think someone that is gay, bi, etc. will go to hell for bieng that way.
Understand, that everyone sins. Yes, being gay or bi is bieng a sin, but everyone does it.
No sin is greater than the other.

And then remember, John 3:16 “God so loved the world, he gave his only son, and WHOSOEVER believes in him, will not perish, but live forever”

If you’re a christian, and you believe in God, I surely hope you have nothing to worry about.

June 21, 2009 at 5:36 pm
(2) Rob says:

Mr Right, you have defined sexually immoral. Can you give a verse from the Bible which defines this term, in order to validate your statement?

July 21, 2009 at 3:33 pm
(3) Hell or Heaven? says:

Yes, you are going to Hell, where devils will engage you in anal intercourse. Ooops, maybe that will be Heaven for you.

July 29, 2009 at 11:03 pm
(4) animelover says:

you can be the Nicest person on this planet if you are not save and do not believe in god you will go to HELL

August 2, 2009 at 8:03 am
(5) Realist. says:

People who are religious seem hypocritical. My orientation isn’t srtaght. And I am agnostic. Everyone judges me, even my own mother. I am kind and I have a different view in life, but I don’t see why people think they have the right to call out my destiny.

You will live a great after life.

August 5, 2009 at 12:03 pm
(6) Malia says:

I am 17 years old and I know that you are not going to go to hell for being gay. Studies show that some men are born with a female brain and some women are born with a male brain. How is that person supposed to know is they should be a female or a male? (Hits why we have transgender people)

If got made these people this way then god already knew that people were going to wind up being a little different. People can’t prosecute people in the GLBT community because most of them can’t help who they are and god wants you to be yourself.

August 20, 2009 at 9:00 pm
(7) Recently Our of Denial says:

I’m 13 and bisexual. I’ve been afraid of the same thing, but I’ve found things to reassure me. I’m still not coming clean anytime soon, but I’ve only come out of denial recently, when I had to stop thinking that my feelings for girls were only strong friendship. My parents wouldn’t approve of my marrying a girl, but I still have feelings for men, so hopefully my “One” turns out to be male, then no one will have to know.

October 7, 2009 at 1:25 am
(8) Jeff Faust says:

The Bible calls homosexuality and abomination and says no homosexual will inherit the Kingdom of God.

October 13, 2009 at 4:57 pm
(9) Paul says:

the bible says that all gay people must die, i think if you deserve to die, you will also go to hell. its somewhere in joshua (don’t know for sure if you call him like that in english). i am a sin, and i’m sad if i think of it…
love,

Paul

October 15, 2009 at 7:48 am
(10) Vickah says:

If i remember correctly the bible also has incest and polygamy. Go figure. Don’t worry your not going to burn in hell. If it even exists. Unless its some random town in Europe :P

November 5, 2009 at 3:36 am
(11) anom says:

You will get some very different answers to this question, depending on who is doing the answering. First off, know that God LOVES you, no matter what you are or have done. Secondly, the Bible does teach that homosexuals cannot go to Heaven, BUT it teaches that a person who is a homosexual can be delivered from homosexuality, set free from it so they are no longer homosexuals. Many people will say “once gay, always gay,” but there are people who were once homosexuals and now they are not. Also a lot of people think that calling homosexuality a sin is judging. If that were true, we could not call ANYTHING a sin, because why would calling one thing a sin be judging, but calling another a sin NOT be? Such as, for instance, we would not be able to say that murder is a sin, if calling something a sin is judging. But the Bible calls these things sin. So it is God who is the judge, not us. God wants you to be His child and to spend eternity in Heaven with Him. Please turn to Him and ask Him to set you free from homosexuality and make you His child. He loves you SO very much.

December 11, 2009 at 9:12 am
(12) Lucia says:

All this stuff is very stupid like what makes no sense to me is that the bible says if your gay or lesbian or bi and etc. and you will burn in hell for your sins.. How? I mean if you live your life loving god and being a good person and when you do die god sends you to hell? No way I don’t believe that AT all! In my honest opinion I think all the child rapers, and child molsters, and people who kill others and do very horrible crimes should GO TO HELL! Everybody who lives their life to the fullest and do good things and follows God’s ways should be welcomed into heaven.. I don’t believe that God would do such a thing to a gay or bi or lesbian or transgender person..

December 16, 2009 at 10:05 pm
(13) charlie says:

Nowhere in the bible does it say ” all gay people must die ” so Jeff idn were u got that from but u should change your reading glasses. From what iv read the bible has words that have been lost in translation and came out on a deffernt view of what the original word ment. Supposibly the word HOMOSEXUAL was never even used in the bible. tht when it was TRANSLATED thats how it was stated. GOD made us and GOD would not make something he hates. as long as you are a good person and as long as you LOVE- u will b in heaven.

December 16, 2009 at 10:05 pm
(14) charlie says:

December 21, 2009 at 4:21 am
(15) ally says:

No Gays do not go to hell, because Christianity is just collection of convienient mythology to help humans survive ins harsh world adn give us something to depend on when we fell alon and to take the sting off death. just like every other religion. Hell is made up and is only real in our minds if we let it be. You go where your soul has the imagination, strength and love to go to when you die, not to some place to be punished by someone elses made up Daddy figure. don’t let them brainwash you into believing they know anything or that the Bible is somehow T”Truer” than your own heart and what you can hear inside it.

December 21, 2009 at 4:32 am
(16) ally says:

One more thing,… Super-Religious people are full of passionate arguments about their point of view and it can be very intimidating. REMEMBER… They are generally deluded and it was those types that burned women as witches, killed millions in the crusades, drank poison in Guyana, used the Bible to justify Slavery, imprisoned Gallileo for decades for correctly reporting that the Earth revolved around the Sun and use the Bible to win every argument instead of reason.

Please don’t listen to weak minded brainwashed sociopathic products of total indoctrination. they are just scared and trying to feel superior. there is nothing wrong with you. They are crazy,… yes crazy and deluded. So sad that most of the world believes some crazy thing or another that lets them hurts people and feel superior to others.

STOP the madness! Seekanswers and spiritual guidance from within. It is yours and yours alone and we all have access to it. Don’t them hurt you with thier “Crazy”.

January 10, 2010 at 4:50 pm
(17) Chance King says:

I am a young gay man living in the south, as such I am surrounded by peers who ask the same question. All I can say is that I honestly believe that one does not go to hell for being gay, nor does one go to heaven for being a Christian necessarily. The bible passages that state that it is an abomination to be gay need to be interpreted as how they were meant to be perceived in the time in which they were written; an abomination meant that something was messy, and left you dirty and looking disheveled. It also goes on to expound that eating shellfish was an abomination as well as mixing fabrics (and 99.99% of people mix fabrics together everyday).
I am a practicing pagan, so feeling guilty is not something I do well at all. I have no major problem with Christians, in fact I take my younger sister (she is eleven and I am 15) to mass every Sunday. But I am most fervently offended by people preaching this singular passage and ignoring the others. I once asked a bully at school,
“do you like lobster?”
“yeah” he replied
“do you have to believe all of the bible or all of it?” I ask
“all of it. Your point is?”
“the passage to which you are reffering to also prohibit’s the eating of shellfish, calling it an abomination. So if you ear lobster why can’t I eat cock?”
I believe that it’s not who you love but how you love that matters in the end. In closing I also feel that what is between one’s legs is just god’s way of accessorizing.
If anyone has any questions my name is posted, feel free to look me up on face book and I will personally answer any questions that you might have.

January 31, 2010 at 6:18 am
(18) Rob says:

As a Christian, you can rule out everything from the Old Testament straight away. Its null and void since Jesus gave us the NT. Its pure function now is as an historical reference to put Jesus’ coming into perspective.
So Leviticus, OUT. Genesis, OUT. These are irrelevant now.

In the NT, romans 1:26-27 and 1 corinthians 6:9-11 passages seem to be the main sticks that straight people use to bash gays with, and in the case of romans, it says “into which is against nature…”
My natural tendencies are homosexual. I would have great problems trying to be straight. So this passage is null and void also. Its natural for me to be gay.

Corinthians mentions fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminates, abusers of themselves, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners.
So the closest you could argue is effeminates, but since not all gay men are effeminate, this is at best a bit of a joke.

What the NT does say is that you must accept Jesus Christ as your saviour. Nothing more is needed. Just accept him as your salvation and believe in him and he will see you through.

The haters can try and use what little ammunition they can find in the bible to bash you with, but its all just how they want to interpret the very limited passages they know of.
And for the classic “Lev 18:22 – Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman….”, a little further on, Leviticus also mentions its a sin to wear mixed fibre clothing, eat shellfish, etc soforth. So even though you know the OT is irrelevant now, you can still have fun throwing that back at them.

Peace.

March 5, 2010 at 5:52 pm
(19) Anon #304933 says:

Well “here to help”, he “Won’t perish but shall live forever” – writhing in agony in the fiery pits of hell for being homosexual of course….

March 7, 2010 at 11:57 pm
(20) Audie says:

Leviticus 18:22.

March 10, 2010 at 2:06 am
(21) Sacrilicious says:

What I find amazing is that people always say, “Don’t believe everything you see/read.” So why is everyone so keen on believing in a damn book?! Does anyone realize that not only does The Bible contradict itself so many times, but it has also been rewritten and reworded. I’m no theologian and I’m sorry if I don’t give the EXACT quote from the bible but there is a part where God says that money, success and riches will lead straight to the devil. But in other part, someone did what God asked, and God rewarded that person with gold and riches! So…..WTF?! There are a lot of others. And another thing, does anyone realize that archaeologists have discovered proof of more gospels that have yet to be printed in a new edition of the bible? Why were those gospels kept out? One was written by Judas, stating that Jesus HIMSELF, told Judas to betray him! Jesus told him to! There was also another gospel that was discovered by Mary Magdalein (sorry if spelled wrong, I’m tired) Anyway, my dear 13 yr old, I don’t know what happens after we die but I do not thik for one second that you are condemned or damned for liking the same sex. Animals have homosexual tendencies too you know! And if any of you readers don’t believe me, search google, look it up! I was born and raised a Roman Catholic, baptized, and grew up in a decent family and attended a private Catholic school for 9 years. K-8th. I still believe in some things. But I refuse to believe in a nameless God that sits atop a pedestal all day jotting down notes on whether or not I’m going to Hell and strong believers want us to “Live in fear of the Lord!?” Why would I want to “Fear” my father, who made me and created me? Plus, according to many ridiculous christians, born-again christians, luthernans, methodists etc, we are to be derrived from so much pleasure! I fsomething makes you happy, then do it! Morally speaking, of course. If he loves us so much, why create that image? There might not even BE a hell! It was probably something someone made up to make us more civilized, I guess. Just like politics. LOL.
I think that as long as you have faith in something and a good person at heart, you can’t go wrong. So don’t let these bible preaching, church going, fear mongering a-holes into telling you different. Because according to them, anything that’s different, is EVIL! And my thoughts and opinions are not meant for all people from those religions. I have met many people from those religions that are very open minded and good people. And one last thing, my mother died 2 years ago from pancreatic and liver cancer. She was one of the best human beings I have ever come across and devoted her life to her family and beliefs. After she died, so did my faith. So, im pretty much an agnostic. But, I still believe in some things.

March 10, 2010 at 2:31 am
(22) Sacrilicious says:

All of you so called “religious people” out there, how dare you! All of you! Telling this poor girl who is only 13 and pouring her heart out for the world to see her honesty! And you cretins have the audacity to tell her that she is going to hell?! Who the f*** are you to judge?! If your slate is clean then you can throw stones! If your slate is not, then LEAVE HER ALONE! Do you morons happen to remember a woman in the Bible who sold herself to men for sex?! YEAH her name was Mary f***ing Magdalene! Did Jesus persecute her? Did he turn her back on her? NO! He welcomed her with open arms! So unless you a-holes know for a bloody fact that there is indeed a Hell, (other than this world with bastards like you) then take your bible thumping, hypocritical lives somewhere else! Because you people think that you are going to Heaven? What was the major line that Jesus said in the New Testament? He said *my revised version* “Love thy neighbor as you would love me.” one of the few things that he did not want us to do was judge! That’s his job. So Miss 13 yr old, don’t pay attention to any of those religious hypocrites. They think themselves as perfect, yet they judge and think that if they go to Confession, that a priest will forgive them. But I guarantee you, after they confess and believe they were forgiven, they will go out and do it again! And all you people bashing on gays, what the hell do you care if someone loves the same sex? Does it affect your life whatsoever?! Why should any of you care?! I think if 2 people are in love, then let them be happy and leave them alone. Oh and I’m 100% straight! I had a child out of wed-lock, I don’t attend church, I work on Sundays, I live with someone whom I’m not married to, and my father was jewish! But does that affect the way I live? Does that mean that I’m condemned to burn for all eternity? Including my son? Who is completely innocent? If thats the type of God you a-holes want to believe in, then more power to ya! I, however, have never cheated, I am honest, I honor my parents and I am raising my son to how I see fit and I have a full time job! So, why should I go to hell? Cuz I had sex? Why don’t animals have ceremonies where they get married? Are they going to hell too? If there is a hell, its because the a-holes that keep making people feel helpless, weak and hopeless are making it that way!

March 17, 2010 at 8:50 pm
(23) Dude says:

being gay/bi is a sin and the Bible says it is

March 28, 2010 at 11:43 pm
(24) Amanda says:

You obviously believe in God and heaven and hell. Well, read the bible. It is disturbing how many people there are out there who say things are in the Bible and they are NOT there. The bible mentions nothing about homosexuality. God loves his children. Believing that God sent someone (Jesus, his son) to spread Gospel and die for our sins is all you need to get into Heaven. That is all. We are left with the Holy Spirit to guide us. Read your Bible, then pray and call upon the holy spirit inside YOU to guide your decisions. Jesus said some insightful stuff. The Bible was left here to help us help ourselves, not use it judge and criticize others. Even churches get it twisted dear: Most churches.

August 8, 2010 at 3:40 pm
(25) Your Brother In Christ says:

You need to pray to God for wisdom like the book of James mentions. Next you need to read and study the bible for yourself. When you stand before God you will be the one held accountable for your soul. When you read the bible you need to read it using “Exegesis” and not with “Eisegesis”. Eisegesis is when you read the bible and interpret in a way the best fits you using notions that are born outside of the bible. You want to use Exegesis because then you read the bible and to see what God is really saying and then it is up to you to line your life up to the word of God. Jesus is love!!! But is the word of God that defines sin. Since we are all born in sin it also tells us how to overcome it. I pray you will search God’s word and pray for his wisdom and direction in your life. God loves you and so do I.

August 12, 2010 at 7:11 pm
(26) Jordan (Aksr) says:

Why do people still believe in a book written by people 2 millennia ago? What in that book makes so many people believe it? I’ve never read the Bible, I don’t think I’ve ever held one. But as a pagan (not a witchcraft pagan, just a small religion that no one wants to classify), I believe that if you live an honest life and you don’t murder, rape, abuse, steal, or what not, you will have a peaceful after-life. And if you do particular good in your life, then you even get to live with the gods. I really don’t understand why Christians have to put so many people down, I mean, what did we ever do to you? What did anyone ever do to you? I allow you to believe what you do (even if I don’t know why you do), why don’t you allow me to believe what I do? In the end, I think that Christians need to wake up and smell the roses, realize that the Dark Ages are long over, and adapt to modern society. I’m not saying abandon your beliefs, just take a closer look at what you say before you say it. Thank you to anyone that listens, to those that don’t, burn in that place you call Hell. If you think that’s harsh, think about what you’ve done to us for the past 2 millennia.

October 19, 2010 at 12:29 am
(27) Lana says:

YES! You are going straight to hell. I’m not saying this out of nowhere, the bible says so. You can be a fantastic human being, but being GAY is a sin. No one can enter heaven with sin. I think you should become a Christian and turn your life over to God. You are not gay by the way, and don’t ever say that. You are a straight human being that has been completely brainwashed into thinking that.

October 28, 2010 at 6:19 pm
(28) BennyBoomdatah says:

i’m 13 years old. & i am an lesbian. my entire family knows. & they think it’s a phase . when i know in my heart i wanna be this way forever. i beleive that i’m not qoinq to hell. i live by this bible quote 24/7 &` if A N Y B O DY tells yu yur going to hell think of it’.” John 3:16 “God so loved the world, he gave his only son, and WHOSOEVER believes in him, will not perish, but live forever.”

November 16, 2010 at 6:03 pm
(29) Loren says:

If gays go to hell, dont you think a gay hell will look better than any straight heaven?

It may be well decorated and have all the latest conveniences and have the best music and the best food and the best service, like gay places on earth.

Think of the rewards that Moslem men are promised, with many virgins to take care of them in the afterlife… maybe gay hell will be like that, with many virgin men and women waiting to meet us as we arrive, to help us find our way around and to help us settle into our new fabulous lives in gay hell…

one persons picture of a heaven could be another’s picture of a hell…

Loren in NY

November 16, 2010 at 11:52 pm
(30) Mike says:

Wow, Ellen’s comments on the Bible show a great lack of knowledge about what the scripture says.

The Bible states in many places that homosexuality is a sin. It’s not something that is open for interuptation. It can’t state it any more clearer than it already done.

Couple examples (out of many, many):

Leviticus 18:22 “Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. ”

Romans 1:26-27 “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. ”

Don’t listen to Ellen’s lies, she either is very ignorant or is trying to decieve you. I am not certain which.

November 17, 2010 at 12:25 am
(31) BLAKE says:

Leviticus 18:22 says: Homosexual acts are an abomination to God.
( What does this abomination word mean?)
1.anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred. 2. intense aversion or loathing; detestation: He regarded lying with abomination. 3. a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit…. —Synon…yms 2. hatred. 3. corruption, depravity.ok god dosent hate the gays but he hates there sin.
if you sin and dont ask God to forgive your going to hell!!!

November 17, 2010 at 2:38 pm
(32) Ellen says:
November 18, 2010 at 3:06 am
(33) Jordan (AKsr) says:

^^ And don’t forget to read my comment. (The first one.) I think I made some pretty valid points.

November 18, 2010 at 12:05 pm
(34) Jimmy says:

You can also go to hell for kicking someone in the balls and wearing mixed fabrics. Nobody else mentions these ridiculous statements. Yes, they are in the Bible. Go reread Deuteronomy if you don’t believe me.

My advice to you is this: believe what you want. It’s what everyone else in this discussion is doing.

November 19, 2010 at 3:27 am
(35) Dr Danny says:

When considering your questions, let’s not forget of course the most important fact of all: There is no such thing as God, Heaven or Hell. You could just as well wonder whether Father Christmas would stop bringing you toys for Christmas because you’re gay.

November 25, 2010 at 1:00 pm
(36) gert says:

i think beiing gay is nothing wrong but its so sad u people use being borned gay as excuse for something u just choose like emo people are they born emo no they choose for it sad gays rofl

November 26, 2010 at 2:46 am
(37) Jennifer says:

Hey, don’t you worry at all about going to hell because youre gay. Iam an eighteen year-old lesbain. I’m not going to hell just beause I’m sexually attracted and emotionally attracted to women. I can’t contro that and you, nor can any other gay person, and since the Bible says that God loves all of us would he really send you to hell for something you cannot control? would he send a mentally retarded person to hell because they cannot form thoughts and perform the same actions like we do? No! He would not so he wouldn’t damn you to hell for loving a person. Even if its a person of the same sex. I had a teacher who helped me come out to myself and to others and shes gay. She’s also a Southern baptist. Shes dealt with this for years. She had been told by so many homophbic close-minded people she was going to hell for it and she tried to kill herself twice. luckily she survived, and its because God wanted her in my life so I could have that person to tell me my mum was wrong. That I’m perfectly fine and I’m not evil. I tried to kill myself on several ocassions. But God didnt want that. He wanted me here to help other people. To learn myself that im not evil just because i lie down beside another female at night. Dont let anyone t bring you down. Not for this reason or any other. Remeber, you live with yourself every single day, not everyone else.

November 26, 2010 at 4:31 am
(38) luke j. m says:

ya but i’m scared be-cos good made adume and eve not adume and steve and deep down in side the core of my bones and heart i know it is roung to be gay deep deep in side.
how about you…

December 7, 2010 at 11:02 am
(39) Martin says:

God made you! He loves you and will never forsake you!
He made you gay and loves you just as you are and as much as he loves those he made straight. God loves all of his creation!
Do not let society push you away of what God wanted you to be.

December 12, 2010 at 8:41 pm
(40) m27af says:

God is not wishy washy or double minded. He means what He says in His word. He said that to be homosexual is an abomination to Him and that it is unnatural and a sin of the flesh (sin nature). You can’t think that you will go to heaven by just being a good person. Going to heaven requires you to repent of your sin (your lifestyle apart from God) which homosexuality is not of Him. It is a desire of the flesh (the sin nature that is within all of us). To cure your problem of going to hell, you must repent (turn from) your sins and turn to God, you must confess your sins and know that He paid a price for them for you when He sent Jesus to die on the cross. However yo uhave to maintain your salvation by continuing to follow His ways. He gave you a consciece and many of the people on here have seared theirs so as not to listen to God. However if you know deep down that it is wrong to be gay it’s because it is, because God says it is. yo uneed to read the new testament to know what Jesus requires of you after you chose to follow Him. His grace (power) is enough to free you from any sin of the flesh and He will give you the power to overcome any feelings of homosexuality that you have because they are not based on truth but a lie. He will not require of you what you cannot do. He will help you though if you ask Him and are willing to submit your life to Him.

December 13, 2010 at 8:17 pm
(41) cj says:

im sick of being told im going to hell. i thank about this every time i open my eyes if god did not want me to be gay thin y do i wake up … he wakes me up every day right im 19 years old and my hole life ive date girls but now its scaring me to be who i am because i dont want to go to hell but idk help me out. i dont even know what to thank anymore. im in love with a woman

January 18, 2011 at 9:07 pm
(42) russ says:

The bible was written by MAN an is full of garbage. Worship GOD and not the bible and u will be fine. Anyone that worships the bible is a sinner and will possibly not have the kingdom of god. God is very ashamed of what humans have turned religion into. Most Christians are very judgemental and hateful people! its really sad!

January 20, 2011 at 11:43 pm
(43) vicky says:

there is nothing wrong with being gay/bi/les its your point of view and how you look at life. you will not go to hell for looking at life at a diff. point of view. no one does. and if u go to hell because your gay and gay is a sin…. then everybody will go to hell becausae everybody sins. stay a good person your whole life and ur going to go to heave. and plus on top of everything gay people are really nice people. :)

January 23, 2011 at 11:10 pm
(44) Luis says:

First of all if you are a true Christian you should know that know matter how good you are you can still go to hell The only way to go to heaven is by excepting god as your personal savior and you know what he did for you.so if you claim to be a Christian you simply can’t go to heaven by being god just ask your pasture and second of all just because you are gay I don’t think you are going to hell or god hates you because god clearly states he loves everyone no matter what so I highly fought you are going to hell for liking the same sex

February 3, 2011 at 10:00 pm
(45) lynn14 says:

if theres only 1 unforgiven sin that will send you to hell in the bible and that is not believing. so to me if theres only one sin that can send you to hell, its not being gay. god loves everybody

March 17, 2011 at 10:42 pm
(46) Christian Liberation says:

Jesus came to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. Those who fear-monger with homophobic statements are the comfortable because of our hetero-normative culture. Some of the afflicted are LGBTQ persons who fall outside of this norm, and have had to fight for their survival across millenia. Christianity must be liberated from sex-negativity. I am part of something working to change this- truthforceproject.org

March 20, 2011 at 12:57 am
(47) PinkFire says:

russ said: Most Christians are very judgemental and hateful people! its really sad!”

really? you know that for a fact do you? You’ve met them all have you? russ you are as much a bigot as any homophobe.

March 29, 2011 at 2:39 pm
(48) Live For Peace says:

*facepalm* Everybody here needs to get there heads out of their asses and look at the big picture. You are letting a book and a spiritual entity that could or could not exist dictate what you should or should not do in your lives? What ever happened to thinking for yourself? What about formulating your own opinions about anything without having to consult a stupid little book. I’m not an atheist, I believe that there is something of a greater power throughout the universe. It didn’t create the earth, humans, send down it’s son or commandments. It basically exists and asks nothing morally because, in the end, morality isn’t objective!
I’m a straight male and have a girlfriend whose sister has just announced that she might be gay. She attends college, plans on getting a house, and is 19 yrs old. I was outraged when I heard that her father told her she was a disgrace and was damned to hell. WHAT?! I don’t understand how people can be this way. I used to ascribe myself to the Christian church until I kept hearing and hearing all of this hypocritical bull. I realized that if this is how they treat people, I don’t EVER want to be a part of it. It has such a cult-like aura to it that every time I attended church I found myself becoming mentally ill. I focus now on no religion whatsoever. I try to find inner peace, whether it be in nature, meditation, or other altered states of consciousness. I know there is comfort in thinking that we are special. That we were put here for a purpose. We were not. Not by religious standards. Make your own purpose in life. Don’t listen to the dribble being fed to you. They want you to be sheep. They really do.

April 8, 2011 at 10:49 am
(49) Mike Jones says:

Yes homosexuality is a sin and is defined as such in the Bible. U can be gay if you want,but you cant be gay and make it to heaven,just as a murderer,an adulterer,and a liar wont make it to heaven. God has passed his word through men unto us. It is not up to us to change it because we dont like part of it because hey maybe we engage in the sinful acts. Read and follow Gods word,and you wont be dissapopinted in the end.

God loves me but if Im a liar or thief or abuser I wont go to heaven either,its not just gays…

April 14, 2011 at 3:41 pm
(50) Niki Vanage says:

That’s why they have to be so good! To get back on God’s good list, and not end up like $hits! Though lesbos can get away with it if they the Ms.G.

April 22, 2011 at 7:06 pm
(51) Tegan says:

Dear readers…that think its wrong,
WTFH DO YOU THINK IS WRONF WITH BEING GAY!!
I think It beautiful, Love is love you can NOT control who you love or what gender you have feelings for!!

May 7, 2011 at 2:10 pm
(52) Renee says:

Why is it a sin if the people who wrote it were doing the same stuff?

May 17, 2011 at 7:33 am
(53) steven says:

It is up to noone weather gays will go to heaven or hell it has been decided by fate where you will spend eternity and there is no one that has commited no sin that is why everyone shall burn in the depths of hell just think about it if you have a girlfriend or a wife or a boyfriend or a husband looking at another man or woman with lust upon they mind they are commiting adultry and you will have to go through life blind folded glutney is another sin so you should only eat to the point when your not hungry not to the point where yu are full or you have commited a sin everything you do is a sin is the point i am getting at so sit at home and try to not sin but dont think about sinning because if you think it you might as well do it

June 21, 2011 at 9:45 pm
(54) Edward lee says:

Yes gay people who don’t stop their gay actions will go to hell. If you repent and try to stop your gay actions and suppress it, then you can go to heaven.
Yes we are all sinners but the difference between the saved sinners and unsaved is that: the saved sinners try to stop sinning and are ashamed and sorry for their sin’s. Don’t listen to hippy christian with their ‘GOd loves everyone’ view. There is a heaven and a hell. Hell is where people even ‘christians’ who try to justify their sin instead of trying to stop sinning, will go.

July 18, 2011 at 7:00 pm
(55) KevN says:

I am going to buy a book store so I can put The Bible in the section it belongs – FICTION.

August 26, 2011 at 4:24 pm
(56) Nitsua says:

1. being gay is okay duhh.
2. hell doesn’t exist so your not going there.

September 23, 2011 at 2:58 am
(57) Josh says:

uh gert whoevers comment 36. what person chooses to be gay its how ur born. what person would choose a life of hiding and ridicule. you think one day i was like i think im going to be gay? no! do you know how hard it is to hide being gay from everyone you love? so um yeah i do think people can b born gay. i mean get real. lol

September 23, 2011 at 6:46 am
(58) HatersAreGoingToHate says:

Honestly, if you think I should die for being gay, I welcome you to be the one to plunge a knife in my heart. God has made me the way I am because he wants me this way for whatever reason. Who are you to say that god wants people dead for loving? Who are you to wish death on someone? Are you god?No, you are not.

Please keep your small-minded perspectives to yourself.

October 22, 2011 at 2:35 pm
(59) Alvin Davis says:

People stop listening to other peoples opinions and read the Blble for yourself. God words is his words and His words will not return void. God did not make you gay, it’s your choice. Life style is a choice like being rude, disrespectful, envy or being a fireman, police or nurse, etc. The bible says in so many words, in so many books that the act of homosexuality will not inherit the Kingdom Of God. Good gay or bad gay if you don’t stop you’re headed for a hot spot in HELL.

November 10, 2011 at 8:12 am
(60) Shane says:

Oh wow. Let me start by saying that telling people that they are going to hell for being gay is judging. What does judging mean? Oh! You are sinning. Too bad, you really thought you were going to heaven, huh? Idiot.

You hypocritical asshats that blindly stare into a book have to remove the mess from your own eye before you can look into the fault of another. I am 16, moving from gay to straight because to me it is easier (lifestyle and getting a date). I am a christian, so know this. Sex in the eyes of God is sin, called the forbidden fruit. (Adam and Eve, anyone?) Eating shellfish, wearing mixed fibers: a sin – no – abomination.

I have been given many preaches, one of them being: Heaven is full of sinners. Even after death, you have the right to atone before God. If you accept him as your father and maker, live your life as a good person and not commit atrocities like telling people they are going to hell, then you will embrace your very own version of heaven. If you do not believe in heaven or hell: Life is full of suffering so that we may be rewarded for our suffering when die die. Why do we suffer in life? Because you get blind christians, or in other words: Judgemental douchebags. I listen metal, I do not go to church, I do not read my bible. I have science as my chosen subjects in school! But I pray. You will not go to hell for being gay, and it is not in any mortal’s place to say who goes where when they die.

If you think that honor is yours, I suggest you rethink the way you interpret the bible. It is a book which has been written by man, not by God himself. You never know if whoever wrote “being gay is bad” was a homophobic idiot as well, who just believes that God spoke to him. Leave gays alone, and live your narrow-worlded life. They do nothing to you, and you do nothing to them.

November 12, 2011 at 1:40 pm
(61) Charles Smith says:

Here is what I think. After being a christian for 19 years of my life i kind of gotten fed up with the religion. i dont like how christians think they are so much better than anybody else because of something stated in the bible per say. they can cheat and all this other stuff but when it comes to homosexuality they think it is the worst thing in the world. how can you say that you are religious and down everybody else and talk down about other religions and sexuality and all these other things, my church can be very judgmental and this is causing me to turn from religion I am a straight male and even while i was religious i still did not believe you are going to hell for being gay.

January 3, 2012 at 1:33 am
(62) Zac Addison says:

This post is a little old but I’ve come across it tonight and I feel led to reply. So, I will.

Let me start of by giving you some good facts from the Bible.
No one on the entire planet can say that He/She is a food person. Have you ever lied? Have you ever stolen? Cheated?
The fact is that we are all giant screw ups and we are screwed up from the time we are brought into this world. The Bible says that our works are like filthy rags.(gross!) It also says that no one can go to heaven unless they put their faith and trust in Christ the Son of God.

Instead of trying to figure out who you are, I would suggest that you try to understand who God really is. He’s a God who loves you and wants the best for you. We don’t know what’s best for us (because we are screwed up from birth remember?) This is why I urge you to really dig into the Bible and see what it says for yourself.

Lastly, I would just like to say that if you’re not feeling convicted over a sin(which is what homosexuality is along with all this others I mentioned: lying, stealing, cheating, etc.) then there’s a good chance that you aren’t a true Child of God. The Bible says that we can’t love the world(sin) and love the Father at the same time.

Food for thought.
In Christ

January 25, 2012 at 4:05 pm
(63) abb a dab says:

I don’t think your going to hell for it because my Bible teacher told me all sins are equal but my mum strongly believes your going to hell for being gay . All I have to say if your gay is God makes the final decision , not us !

January 26, 2012 at 10:59 pm
(64) Gabe says:

Very simple….. Don’t be gay. I can’t say ” I was born a murderer so I kill people”…. neither can you say ” I am gay and I was born this way.”

February 9, 2012 at 2:16 am
(65) Kudos says:

In all places in the Bible where homosexuality is addressed it is never in a positive light. Jesus never said anything about homosexuality for one basic reason. It was punishable by death under Judaic law. That was one point upon which he and the ruling powers that were (the Sadducees and Pharacees) had no argument. Jesus also didn’t address pedophilia, gambling, or beastiality but to say that the lack of textual references somehow constitutes an endorsement is a REAL set of philosophical gymnastics. This however is what the gay endorsers are saying, sadly.
Paul was very clear in listing effeminiteness as one of the characteristics of a person whose lifestyle was in stark contrast to the holliness of God and expected conduct of a Christian. To a gay person who thinks that God will not punish them for their continued rebellion against his laws, keep in mind that when you are standing before the judgement seat it won’t matter what YOU think. You will have to give an account of everything you have ever done and there wont ba a lawyer from the ACLU there to plead your case.
I’m sure there are people who have homosexual leanings who will be in heaven, but those will not likely be the ones who are saying “Oh yeah, God made me this way so I’m just gonna continue being a q u e e r.”
We are told in the Bible to “flee from the very appearence of evel”. Meaning that when in doubt it’s always best to err on the side of holiness rather than to be decived into trading your eternal salvation for a handful of worms and torment through eternity. Gayness, lesbianism, whatever you want to call it surely fits the description of “appearence of evil” even without the numerous condemnations found in scripture.

February 9, 2012 at 2:25 am
(66) Kudos says:

Also the author has a very flexible view of the Bible. Particulary the sin of Soddom and Gommorah was HOMOSEXUAL rape. Also Genesis was attributed to being written by Moses who also wrote Leviticus and in Leviticus 18 he, without a doubt, lists homosexuality along with incest and bestiality as a very serious offense against God’s law. Ellen Fredrichs can cherry pick whatever she wants to or even create a whole entire religion where all her sins don’t count. But on judgement day her religion wont mean squat. Look at our world and society. It’s falling apart. Man is getting more and more evil everyday and just look at wat is at the forefront of what people in society are pushing for – the acceptence of homosexualtiy as normal. Think we’re headed in the right direction?

March 4, 2012 at 4:01 pm
(67) david sanchez says:

Many people believe they will go to heaven becauese the’re good people or religious however- no religion or saint or church or good deeds or science or education or philosophy will ever get you into heaven- there is only one way to get to heaven Jesus said- I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE; NO ONE CAN GO TO GOD IN HEAVEN EXCEPT THROUGH ME. Therefore if you combine all the religions in the world and good deeds into one- you will still burn in HELL- unless you do this:
(1) REPENT OF ALL YOUR SINS ( 2)RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR ONLY LORD AND SAVIOR (3)REMAIN FAITHFUL TO JESUS’ TEACHINGS TO THE END…- I ENCORAGE YOU TO GO TO A CHRISTIAN CHURCH TO KNOW MORE ABOUT GOD, READ THE BIBLE, AND TALK TO GOD EVERYDAY IN PRAYER IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL (571) 921-6314- I WILL BE HAPPY TO SEND YOU FREE GOSPEL CARTOON TRACTS TO SHOW YOU MORE BIBLICAL TRUTH. AND THIS IS FOR ANYONE IN PARTICULAR GOD BLESS YOU ALL*

April 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm
(68) J.C.R says:

long story short it,s holyness or hell,the answer to the question am i going to hell if i,m gay, is yes if at the time of your last breath you have not repented and accepted jesus as your lord and and saviour. [when i say at the time of your last breath ,i mean you have untill then to accept and repent]please know that no matter how much you may believe to contrary,this is not gods will for your life[homosexuality] you can be delivered and set free .

April 23, 2012 at 5:29 pm
(69) BlkDmd says:

While it is true that there no sin greater than the other, but it seems that common sense is being left by the way side here. There are multiple scriptures being ignored in the case of homosexuality. Leviticus 18:220 is one, Leviticus 20:13 explains why. In many cases, some tend to discount the old testament, in which the preceding scriptures are found, but this same subject is also found in the new testament as well. (Romans: 1 26-27) When one consults the Bible on the subject, words like abomination, detestable and disgusting are mentioned. One has to consider, that EVERYTHING in the life of mankind, is what GOD has planned for mankind. A if we consider GOD as the highest deity, any sensible person will know GOD is incapable of mistakes. No one is borne a homosexual, a thief, or a liar. These are behaviors taught to the by wicked society, influenced by the devil himself. That being said all sin can and will be forgiven and forgoten by almighty GOD! Homosexuality, goes against GOD’s Sexual plan for mankind. Hence the reason why it is IMPOSSIBLE for same sex unions to procreate. Remember, GOD did destroy an entire city because of this very same subject.

May 18, 2012 at 1:54 am
(70) livelovelaugh says:

Honestly….god is a nice person and wouldn’t send
Some one who is kind and loving to hell and there probably isn’t a hell
If there even was would god really wana punish
Someone like over a silly “sin” as they say like that? he made you and loves you no matter what btw…GOD ALREADY KNEW WHAT WAS GONA HAPPEN WITH YOU THE MOMENT YOU CAME ON EARTH.

May 19, 2012 at 4:02 am
(71) Derek Cousins says:

I say be honest to the god that speaks to your soul, and thats it. 13 is still a pretty young age to know for sure.

June 6, 2012 at 11:16 pm
(72) Non-theist says:

Gee, what lovely and compassionate posts from some of these Christians.

“Yes, you will burn in Hell because being gay is an abomination.”, Blah, blah, blah…

YOU HAVE NO WORRIES, KID

There IS NO HELL and never was.

A supposed omnipotent deity who would send you to be tortured for eternity because of the way you were born is not worthy of belief much less worship.

Be proud of who you are. And ditch the religion. You’ll be fine.

June 12, 2012 at 11:29 pm
(73) christian much christian yes says:

no you wont go to hell if homosexual IF you get saved!!!!!!! read “leviticus 18:22 an leviticus 20:13″ also read “roman 1:26-28 an 1st corinthans 6:9-10″ homosexuality has a severe judgement unlike others it is simple they are given over to there passions. there hearts are also allowed to be harden by there sins(romans 1:24) they also cant no longer see the error of there sin(like some of us today dat think there is nothing wrong wit homosexuality) i am only 13 years old and i have lots of friends tht are homosexual n i wanna help them jus like u guys…..i use to THINK tht iwas bi not long ago but i learned alot in I realized tht it is not wht GOD called me to be it is not my purpose in life and neither is it yall so basically without Jesus there is no forgiveness without forgiveness there is no salvation without salvation the only damnation is eternal hell. so get saved i encourage yall to get in the word and y’all should try coming to my church at (Miracle Temple
Deliverance Ministries) also watch us live on the internet at (www.mtdm.org) god bless

June 18, 2012 at 3:19 am
(74) beoutandproud says:

don’t worry people will say your going to hell you won’t, people are born homosexual, often because of genes God doesn’t hate you or your lifestyle, pesonally i don’t believe there is a hell, God created humanity and made us perfect the way we are. BE WTH WHO YOU WANT, FOLLOW YOUR HEART, DONT LET ANYONE BRING YOU DOWN, LOVE IS LOVE, it may be hard but your alive and think about life for now and not death

August 2, 2012 at 2:15 pm
(75) Justeen says:

Ellen, as a Christian and as a youth group leader, it is a sad shame you are leading so many young people on the path of hell by telling them that they won’t go to hell for their sexual sin and that the bible doesn’t mention it. You yourself are on that path. You do know that right? My suggestion to you is turn from your sin, repent and accept Jesus as your saviour so that you may not be condemned to hell. And for the love of the LORD start leading these young people on the right path before it’s too late. How dare you lead them astray.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 – “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

August 4, 2012 at 8:18 pm
(76) roland says:

im so so scared of the exact same stuff, will i go to hell? and y is my sin so much more bigger thn anyone else’s from childhood i was addicted to cars n trains and boys’ play and it was not just the boyish play in me, but i fell i8n love with many women older thn me,im 17 and nw i have a permanent gf, she;s christian and thoroughly believes in the lord, and very much in love with me, we both are really good ppl and we go to church, now shall we perish for this one act and have the rest be forgotten? a hundred trues for every one lie, thts hw i feel.

August 28, 2012 at 12:20 pm
(77) Ashleyboo says:

I am a lesbian & I am always wondering if im going to hell for being a lesbian, this is who I am & I am happy despite all the wrong looks & smart remarks I get throughout my day from homophobic people I AM STILL HAPPY(:

September 8, 2012 at 1:06 pm
(78) OptimisticView says:

I am a lesbian. Now before anyone judges my preference Ima tell a story. I went to a privet religious school for only 1 year. I was forced to sat in a large circle of students. a teacher put 2 chairs in the center and asked a boy and girl to sit- then went around the room asking if this is what God approves/wants and finds “heaven worthy”. THEN the teacher told the boyto leave and sat ME next to the girl- then asked the same question. I was gay bashed beyond my limits. I had so called “friends” tell me that I was going to burn in hell. Since that day Religion is NO KIN to me! How can (some) people preach the word of God and treat their fellow man like dirt—scum even? This was not the only negative experience but also every single one. Not to mention my own girlfriend says shes going to hell because of how she was raised. It hurts to know this because I am one of the nicest people. It took my dad 2 years to come around and ALL of my family are preachers and very religious and very southern.

I said all this to say. If you let people’s negative words affect your life you’ll forever live the fear of going to hell. I have friends who are straight, gay, transgendered, biesexual etc and they don’t feel like a sin or judge each other. The bible has been rewritten by bias people for centuries and so forth. I don’t believe it becausenf I’m going to he’ll everyone with tattoos, poercings-All you pork eaters, premarital sex having, cursing- continuously sinning people will be sitting right with me in this so called “he’ll”.

September 9, 2012 at 6:36 am
(79) Paul says:

the bible, how can a book contradict itself? it is men who interpret the bible to be a contradiction. For example. yes it is those who love money before christ that will find it hard to get to heaven, but that doesn’t mean there can’t be wealthy christians. and when the bible speaks of sinners going to hell….it speaks of the sinners that don’t repent….because we all have sinned and we all will continue to sin, but we are not all going to hell….yes gays would like to think that by there deeds they are going to heaven, just as someone who murders would like to think the same, so as the liar or the thief or any other sin the bible speaks of..it is the level of commitment NOT to do those things that will get Gods grace. when God told mary to go and sin no more…do you really think she didn’t lust after another man ever again, of course she did but she didn’t act upon it. everyone on here can give there OPINION on wether or not being gay is genetic or learned….it is not important niether has been proven, but what you do know is what the bible says (and this is for the believers) a sin is a sin, you may have the urges to sleep with the same sex, but keep it just an urge, God knows you are struggling to keep his word. For those that don’t believe in christ, all i can say is true christians are not here to judge you or anyone for that matter it is our job to help spread the truth….here is some food for thought….I WOULD RATHER STRUGGLE WITH TRYING NOT TO SIN (gay, murder, liars, etc) FOR THE 70 OR SO YEARS I AM HERE ON EARTH AND THEN FIND OUT THERE IS NO HELL…..no harm done i will spend eternity making up for lost time, BUT WHAT IF THE BIBLE IS RIGHT AND I DON’T DO WHAT IT SAYS AND THERE IS A HELL NOW I SPEND AN ETERNITY IN TORMENTED REGRET. is your sin worth it

September 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm
(80) John says:

Being gay is not right.

September 10, 2012 at 9:32 pm
(81) patrick says:

Yes, if you dont repent, you heading straight in hell forever. Those homo that keep telling you NO are lying to you.read the bible.do your own study.

October 3, 2012 at 8:36 pm
(82) Anonymous says:

Homosexuality is one of the most condemned sins in the bible, god loves you no matter what. But you will go to hell for being gay. You need to accept god as your Lord and Savior ( Truly accept ). He died for your sins and he made us to be with Woman, they are the most beautiful thing on earth. Please start going to church and think about what your doing.

October 5, 2012 at 2:00 pm
(83) Chris says:

Homosexuality is a sin! If you die in your sins, you will Burn In Hell! Jesus Christ come to the Earth to live and Die as a perfect sacrifice. God, Jesus’ Father Sent Jesus to the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world may be saved through him! (John 3:17) I know this sounds harsh, and I know many will call me a “gay bashed”, but this isn’t true. I’m just a vessel for my savior, Jesus Christ. The bible says that all have sinned and fall short of the grace of God! (Romans 3:23) This includes every man woman and child that ever has or ever will live! One day everyone who will stand before God and answer for what they did with Jesus in their lives! If you accepted him and tried to live the way he lived, you’ll spend eternity in heaven. If you deny him, you will spend eternity in a lake of fire! Your good works, money, looks, ect.. Will not get you to heaven!! I pray anyone who reads this will make the choice to follow Jesus and spend eternity in heaven with him! Because that is the only way! Jesus said; I am the way the truth and the life, no man will come to the Father but by me! (John 14:6).

October 11, 2012 at 1:26 pm
(84) Miria says:

I want to ask a question… If being gay is a sin… and if god loves you anyway for what you do… God wants men to love god, god wants men to have a realationship with god, he just loves both man and woman, i dont think god can judge gays and bisexualls if he so loves hes own sex.

October 14, 2012 at 3:39 am
(85) Ron says:

listen my brother
God clearly said that a man who sleeps with a man instead of a woman deserves to die .
God created a man and a woman for each other !
e created two sexes genitalia that match each other.. if he wanted man to sleep with another man then he would have created two men at the beginning ! same goes for women !
being gay is not just a sin! no,lets say a sin could be a lie or an adultery, jealousy yeah everyone does such things and for those who want to be forgiven the will be but being homosexual? its like violate the Word of God.you cant ask for forgiveness unless you stop being gay. my friend you might think that its about feelings or emotions but being homosexual is from the devil.
god decided that the fruit of a women and a man’s love will give life to a baby while a relationship between two people of the same sex is not useful for anything .. nothing is created during this relationship.
in the bible god burned Sodom and Gomorrah, he burned them because man slept with man women did indecent assault with other women there was prostitution,homosexuality .. if you think about it its is not very different than our world today.
so apocalypse will come it will be the end of our world .. and god again will burn in hell all the people who don’t deserve to be in his kingdom..
i hope you realize that, i really hope you change, God loves you he will save your soul if you commit to him.
read the bible more pray give your life to him and you will be saved, i don’t know you my brother but i hope you change and get saved i hope god opens your eyes and i hope you one day feel his holy spirit in you .
god begs all his children to come to him not matter what race what sexuality what age , gods hands are open for everyone to be saved and forgiven so i hope you do so before its too late .
God bless you !

October 17, 2012 at 12:28 am
(86) M says:

Dear Ron,

I don’t think telling is 13 year olds we are going to burn in hell is very approprot, actually it’s sick and listing off a bunch of “proof” that says he is wrong. Is worse THEN you tell him, (us) we are going to burn in hell for liking other men? Oh, it’s a violation???!?!!! How so? Just becouse men genitalia don’t “match” this is relying on the belief that love, and sex are the same thing… I feel bad for you. You damn us. But you have no idea how much it hurts, actually you have no idea how wrong you are too… If I “burn in hell” for my ‘crimes’ I’m sure you will be there to, for saying that we can not love another just becouse of there phisical form… Telling someone as young as thirteen that we can not love is a crime this is something EVERYONE wants and everyone deserves… Someday maby your friend or a relative… Or even a child will say they are gay…

YOU WILL FEAL DIFFERENTLY ABOUT IT THEN I
PROMISE YOU!

October 17, 2012 at 10:42 pm
(87) Marco F says:

Hello world I want to break away from the topical Christain views and tell all Gays , non believers, and Christains one thing and if you look it up it all makes sences.. God himself has one rule written in the book of the bible and that’s God does not effect your freedom of choice.. So who our we to try to force our views on people and try to take away your freedom of choice to be who you want, love who you want.. Christains it not our Right to try to tell someone what they can do are where they are going. It’s said the ones who cast judgement shall be judge with the same merith. I will say this just because God doesn’t effect your free will does not mean you won’t be judged for your choices.

October 18, 2012 at 11:24 am
(88) hello says:

Please Don’t believe in them. They say that being a gay is normal. Please don’t believe in them. You have been influenced by them Like the media movies, series everything around you. Don’t forget that the devil wants you at the wrong path he will lead you the wrong path but you won’t see it as bad it will look normal for you like you have been brainwashed. Do you want to say that God is guilty my friend no God isnt guilty. He just shaped you like a normal human but after that it’s up to you. Man belong to woman. If you want to know who has brainwashed you look at illuminati and you will learn their tricks about brainwashing people. They brought evil, porn, gay, rage, money(religion), movie(religion), football (religion). everything this is only a little amount.

Farewell hope god will guide you. I would chose for the religion who has never been changed by humankind. Like the bible or the thora.( don’t have prejudices read the religious books by yourself) Just one thing to realise. Illuminati wants to destroy religion. They make war in Islamic countries to make them bad. So you guys will think that the islam is bad however it’s the opposite way.

October 19, 2012 at 12:39 am
(89) Michelle says:

I must speak truth. Yes it is a sin to be gay. And it isn’t in Gods nature who created us for us to be having sex with the same sex. I’m not claiming to be perfect. But I will tell you that homosexuality is a demonic spirt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiSJpQH4_tM&feature=relmfu

October 19, 2012 at 12:43 am
(90) Tony says:

1 corinthians 6:9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality.

November 2, 2012 at 4:40 pm
(91) jd says:

Why don’t you people tell this person the truth. It’s not.about being friendly or being a good person. It’s about following the word of God and he detest this fifth. I’m well aware that everyone and their mommas are coming out of the closet but they will have to give an account for their fifthy, nasty lifestyle. You don’t have to believe me read God’s word. Oh yeah, sodom and gomorrah did happen. Don’t die in your sins.

November 4, 2012 at 11:31 am
(92) vincent says:

You wont go to hell if you repent and get saved. and turn away from being gay. if you are still gay when you die . you will go to hell.but know body really knows. only you will truly know when you die.but your soul is on the line and for thoes who say no you will not go to hell for being gay well its not there soul on line just remember if there wrong its a mistake that will cost you all of eternity.

November 17, 2012 at 3:40 pm
(93) Nastasha says:

Yes if you are gay and have not repented of your sin than yes you will go to hell . God did not make man and man to be together but only man and women . Think about that’s why only man and a women can make babies not man and man .
God loves you and he wants you to go to heaven

November 21, 2012 at 4:58 pm
(94) Salina says:

The bible is pretty dang clear intercourse is supposed to be between a man and a woman . And in 1 Corinthians it says HOMOSEXUALS WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM.

February 6, 2013 at 6:03 pm
(95) Ari says:

God isn’t real sweetheart
And it’s good to be gay, it would just be stupid to create or make homosexuality just to oppose it…

February 6, 2013 at 6:04 pm
(96) Khari says:

God isn’t real
I’m 14 and I’m gay

February 8, 2013 at 10:36 pm
(97) Alejandro says:

It also says in the bible “Men are sub servant to women.” And that having strait sex is a sin. So I don’t think gays, bis, and transvestites will go to hell. God made you who you are and the way you are.

February 9, 2013 at 8:55 pm
(98) Dice says:

I am a Christian and I’m gay, look it’s pretty much smple. The believe that Jesus Christ the son of God died on the cross for your sins. As long as your saved and try to do what’s right pray for forgiveness when you do something about wrong. Read the bible and try to have a close intimate relationship with with God the u will definitely go to heaven. It says in Eph 2:8 for by grace a ye saved not by works. I basically you can’t work ur way to heaven u cld b the best person on earth but with out grace and being saved by accepting Jesus Christ into your heart as your personal savior. The works will follow. I our God is a loving God but he is also jealous he wants to be in your life. I don’t worry about the petty stuff like being gay (just don’t be a slut of course) even then ur still saved just saying.. I just keep ur faith in God and pray about your issues god is the only one to judge and if ur close to j in prayer you will know if you are doing something wrong. I the best part is god forgives you.

February 9, 2013 at 9:02 pm
(99) Dice says:

Sorry about the typos above. My Android has a mind if it’s own

February 14, 2013 at 6:11 am
(100) Richie says:

You know what is strange to me? People who condemn homosexuality seem to feel they have authority to speak for God. Guess what? You don’t! They also do not know God’s plan for every person. Chances are good that they don’t even know God’s plan for themselves.

To add to that, your sexuality cannot be changed. Go on, try it. Your behaviour might be changed but you’ll still be gay.

Have you ever heard that God is an all-loving, merciful, slow to anger, forgiving God? By saying that God hates gays (again, you don’t have the authority to speak for God) is contradicting what the Bible teaches us about God.

March 4, 2013 at 2:16 am
(101) Rick says:

You are not going to hell. Nowhere in the bible does it say homosexuals go to hell.

The old testament ‘prohibitions’ of supposed Homosexual acts are not in essence the prohibition of the acts themselves, but rather the act of adultury.

When reading the texts one must realize that in ancient times, men were married off at the age of 15
according to Hebrew law of the time.

At that time in history, female prostitution was extremely rare due to the fact that women caught prostituting themselves were executed.

However, male prostitution was extremely commonplace because males were not executed, it was simply frowned upon.

Young Hebrew men would often go to male prostitutes for sex, since they were unable by law to have sex with their wives during their menstration or during pregnancy.

Often times these hebrew men would come home to their wives with sexually transmitted diseases they contracted from these prostitutes, putting their wives at risk and in essence putting the community as a whole at risk of contracting a communicable disease.

At the time, there were no cures for sexually transmitted diseases, so contracting one often times meant it lead to death.

The prohibition in scriptures were not against sex between to men in a relationship or two women in a relationship. The prohibition was against male prostitution and adultury! There is no sin in being gay or being in a gay relationship or having gay sex!

As for Sodom and Gommorah, there is no specific mention of homosexuality being the sin of Sodom. There is however specific mention of Rape, Adultury, extensive gambling, murder, theft, and substance abuse! These were the sins of Sodom! Nothing more, nothing less!!

March 4, 2013 at 2:23 am
(102) Rick says:

You are not going to hell. Nowhere in the bible does it say homosexuals go to hell!!!
according to Hebrew law of the time.
You are a child of God and created by God! God doesnt make mistakes! You are gay cause God chose for u to be gay! How boring would this world be if we were all the same??

March 4, 2013 at 2:29 am
(103) Rick says:

I suggest going to a gay friendly and affirming church. The Episcopal Church, The Evangelical Lutheran Church, The United Church of Christ, The Metropolitan Community Church. All of which are gay friendly affirming churches.

March 26, 2013 at 3:44 pm
(104) Plz help says:

I’m gay…. I know and I am a good person but…. I’m still scared.. I’m 13 and I pray every night and I’m trying to read the bible. I ask for forgiveness every night for my sin…. I’m not entirely gay though… There’s a girl I like but not for her sexual parts. I love girls for who they are…. I’m….. Scared

April 12, 2013 at 9:13 am
(105) paul says:

If this is true, the only people you will meet are the sick twisted people who post such tripe on the internet.
Just live your life to the full and be a nice person.

May 15, 2013 at 6:37 pm
(106) Wisdom says:

I am a struggling lesbian,I realized I liked the same sex at a very young age but didnt know what it was until I was old enough to understand. Now……I do know the Lord,not as well as I should,but I do know him. Ppl say that God created gays too,so why would he create something he hates(which is a great question).

June 3, 2013 at 6:27 pm
(107) gc says:

I ‘m a 15 year old gay guy. I was raised in a Christian family and I believe in Jesus Christ as my savior and in his word. I love him and do not want to go to hell. I know in the Bible it says that homosexuality is sexualy immoral. It seems almost impossible to change. I know anybody can be forgiven of sin. Even homosexuallity. What I want to know is given everything I have talked about above, will I still go to hell. I’m willing to change if I must. Again I believe in God and all he is. I know he died for my sins. Am I still saved from this sin even if I never change.

June 15, 2013 at 12:15 am
(108) Bree says:

Okay iv been wondering about this for a long time . Iv been thinking about having sex with the same gender for a while now but thought I’d go to hell. It’s just a sin . It’s no different from someone cussing . You don’t go to hell for cussing so you won’t go to hell for being gay.

November 10, 2013 at 9:02 pm
(109) Fingerstink says:

All people who think that gays and lesbians go to hell are seriously mentally deranged. They are religious robots who can’t think for themselves. Believe me, if there is a heaven, these idiots are the ones who will never get in. I’ve known so many of these frog lickers who judge others, then turn around and commit heinous crimes in business and I’ve even known some like this who abuse there wives and children( including sexually) and justify it with Biblical verses! What snot eaters!
Feel free to be who you are and don’t listen to any of the psychopaths. You are a beautiful person. They are the SCUM OF THE EARTH!

November 15, 2013 at 3:02 pm
(110) kjhgtfrde says:

Hell it is dont worry

December 24, 2013 at 3:26 pm
(111) jill says:

I too have been asking myself all my life these questions. I was raised pentecostal holiness and have many family members who are preachers including famous ones. I am a lesbian. I tried to “change being gay”.. I was engaged to a man.. he raped me, I lived with a guy.. he was dealing drugs and exploiting pictures he took of me in the shower without me knowing, I even have close male friends in the church that were deacons that made sexual advances on me. I just recently told my parents about me sexuality and they only talk to me about the weather now… they said I disrespected them. I have taught my partner, who was traumatized in a catholic cult, about God and his loving ways. She and her daughter now prays several times daily and I continuously teach them about the bible. When I pray, my prayers are answered more now than when I was young. I do not believe that believers of God that do all that they can to spread his light and follow his path are going to hell. There are no two people that will interpret the bible the same.

February 26, 2014 at 7:36 pm
(112) Anon says:

I Cor. 6: 9 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.”

March 2, 2014 at 12:19 am
(113) Christian says:

Yes. See Rom 1:26-28 and examples of those who habitually violate God’s laws…Eph 5:1-5.

March 13, 2014 at 9:20 pm
(114) Hey There! says:

I have a sister who is transgendered (wants to be a boy.) My family is Catholic (my mom non practicing,) but *Matt* left the Church a long time ago because he didn’t want to be a part of something that didn’t fully appreciate him. That kills me because I have such a great relationship with God and I would love for him to feel the same way. I don’t believe he will go to hell. He has struggled with depression and possibly bipolar disorder since middle school, but all around he is still an amazing person! I don’t think God would punish someone that kind just because they love someone else. Also times are changing!! All the bible verses I’ve read are people’s points of view written with the guidance of God. For people back then homosexuality was a crazy new thing that scared and possibly disturbed some people. But times are changing and it is becoming more normal! Don’t be ashamed of who you are!! There are plenty of people in this world that cherish you and all you believe in, and that includes God. Even if you still think you are sinning, just remember God even loves all the sinners, every single human being on the planet is as sinner, no exception. So I’m sorry for rambling but I was hoping I could make some peoples’ days better! Love you!! <3 (*note* the name has been changed)

March 15, 2014 at 9:28 pm
(115) AJ says:

First, no one goes to hell for sinning. “It is by grace we are saved, through faith, and this not from ourselves. It is the gift of God.” Because “it is not God’s will that any should perish.” God gives us every opportunity to be saved. “He did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.” Here is how to be saved: “Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” and “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

But that doesn’t mean that what we do isn’t important, or doesn’t matter to God. “Shall we then go on sinning, so that grace may increase. By no means!” So the things we do matter, but they aren’t what determine whether we’re saved. Which is good, because “all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” I’m including myself in that. “If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?”

March 15, 2014 at 9:29 pm
(116) AJ says:

Second, who says homosexual behavior is a sin?
Well, it’s in the Old Testament several times, “Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman,” “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act.”

Now, as some other comments have pointed out, the Law, the so-called “Old covenant,” (not the entire Old Testament) has been superceded by the new covenant, that is grace. Under the old one, death was required for most broken laws. However, you will also notice the numerous sacrifices made in the Old Testament. Throughout Exodus and Leviticus God frequently that these are to “atone for the sin of the people,” so that the animal dies In Place Of the person.
The new covenant is that Christ’s sacrifice of himself has made permanent atonement for our sins; no more sacrifices are needed, and all that is needed is confess those sins, and “he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins, and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

So, to some extent, the laws of the old testament have been done away with. To what extent is not always perfectly clear. Obviously we wear fabric made of two materials and so on. Peter, in the new test. book of Acts (chap. 10), makes it pretty clear that God has removed the restrictions on food, eating only certain types of animals, etc.

March 15, 2014 at 9:30 pm
(117) AJ says:

Has the entire Old Testament law been made invalid, then? Well, no, because we still clearly aren’t supposed to kill people. Or covet their stuff, be sexually immoral, etc. How do I know? Well, because these, and others continue to be stated in the New Testament. “Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”
Also, James says, “For he who said, ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ also said, ‘You shall not murder.’ If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.”

So some laws are still in place. Again, they are not what save us. The Pharisees of Jesus’ day made it a point to keep every point of the law as closely as was humanly possible. But their hearts were way off track. Jesus called them “whitewashed tombs.” What we do is not the main thing. Paul said, “If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.” “The greatest of these is love.”

Notice, by the way, the verse I quoted earlier from 1 Corinthians:
“neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”
(And for lesbians, “God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.”) (Romans)

HOWEVER, (this next part is for judgmental Christians) Paul goes on, in the same list, with other sins: greed…envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.”

March 15, 2014 at 9:30 pm
(118) AJ says:

So, as James says, “If you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you are a lawbreaker.”

So, you might not do some of these things, but if you gossip, or boast, or disobey your parents, you are much a breaker of God’s law as anyone.

Again, this is where grace comes in. “If we confess our sins…He will forgive.” “While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Jesus’ sacrifice was for ALL of us.

Allow me to quote the rest of that verse from 1 Corinthians:
“Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. AND THAT IS WHAT SOME OF YOU WERE!” (Paul here is writing to the CHRISTIAN CHURCH in Corinth. Meaning that the Church included former homosexuals, drunkards, idolaters, adulterers, and so on and so forth.)

“That is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”

My third point was going to be about whether the old testament was still valid, but I guess I covered that already.

Next point, then. Didn’t Jesus just love people, and tell us not to judge?

“Judge not lest ye be judged.” Most of us are familiar with that one. Jesus didn’t judge people. “God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but to save.” But Jesus didn’t ignore sin. He took it. Jesus most definitely said that there was sin in people’s lives. He loved them anyway, he forgave them, but he never said it wasn’t there, or that it didn’t matter. He healed a man and said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven you.” He helped a prostitute and said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” He saved the life of an adulteress, (“Let you who are without sin throw the first stone”) and then helped her up, saying “Neither do I condemn you. Go now, and leave your life of sin.”

March 15, 2014 at 9:31 pm
(119) AJ says:

I am sorry that we Christians so often deal with sin by condemning the sinner, ignoring the fact that we are also sinners.
Look to Christ. He dealt with sin by taking it on himself, taking the punishment so we wouldn’t have to, not so we could “go on sinning that grace may increase”, so that we could be free of it. “It was for freedom that Christ set us free.” (Galatians)

Is homosexual behavior wrong? Yes, but not any more than straight sexual immorality is wrong, or gossip, or lying, or anything else that Christians do.
Is being gay natural? I don’t know. But I don’t think that matters as much as we tend to think. All the sins I commit come naturally; if they didn’t, I wouldn’t be tempted to do them. I think that whether something is natural isn’t a guide to whether it is right.

“But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.” (Galatians)

Last point. Grace.
“The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.”

March 15, 2014 at 9:32 pm
(120) AJ says:

A few points I feel I should clarify.
1. This comment is not specifically addressed to the asker. With more than a hundred comments posted over such a long time period, I think this comment is more likely to be read by other commenters than by the original asker. So this is addressed to anyone who is interested.

2. A lot of you don’t believe in heaven or hell, God, the Bible, or any of this. This isn’t necessarily addressed to you either. The question of the existence of God, the truth (or not) of Christianity, etc. would be another article entirely. I’m still glad if you are reading this, but since the main question here is about who goes to heaven or hell, and I am assuming that anyone concerned about that topic believes in heaven and hell, I have tried to give answers that rely directly on the Bible to support.

3. Like I said above, I have tried to support everything I have said with direct quotes from the Bible. It’s easy to decide what is true based on what makes sense to us, to decide what God would or wouldn’t do based on what we would or wouldn’t do, but I prefer to base my understanding of God on His own words. “For My thoughts are not as your thoughts, neither are your ways as My ways.” “Can you fathom the depths of God or discover the limits of the Almighty?” (Job) and “Who has known the mind of the Lord?” (Isaiah)

4. I haven’t given the references for all the verses, because I don’t remember all of the references. But they are all directly from the Bible; google them and you’ll very quickly find results from Biblegateway.com, Biblehub.com, and many other sites that have the whole thing indexed, where you will easily find each verse in its original context.

March 28, 2014 at 6:39 pm
(121) gays says:

Yes gays are going to hell so burn burn and burn some more

March 28, 2014 at 6:52 pm
(122) sandy says:

You all can go to hell because that we’re we all are going to go when the big one comes it really doesn’t matter if you’re good to people god doesn’t like man on men this is the devil work and he got you’re souls go to the lord and as for gives

May 11, 2014 at 4:26 pm
(123) Liberation says:

Why the question a man can not have sex with the same sex. This is a very naive questoin. What does tje bible sayd? A man shall not lay with another man like himself. Leviticus 20:13. Yes its wrong and yes hell exist. There is something weird about putting your penis in a hole where iyt does not belong. If you swicth from gender while in the whomb you ve been a victim of high male or female hormoons. Wich causes homoseksuality lesbianism or hermaphroditus. Then its not your fault but the government. Why would god make you gay and then say that its bad? Does not make any sense.